Wednesday, February 10, 2010

That Tiny Amount


This might not concern me(for now), or you, or for that matter a major percentage of the people reading this thing....or 60% of India's population....but this is something which is severely affecting the lives of the rest of the 40% population around us.... 

I would not have thought of this a few days earlier,,,,but I am forced to think of it now.......

Few days ago I shifted to a boys hostel in Noida....for the time being....

Food here is pathetic, but better than what I had in my college days in hostel.

We are total 10 ppl living in 4 rooms here....and we all are from different backgrounds.....

But all of the them share a common thing...the fear of future,,,their careers,,,their lives...their pasts and their present....sooner or latter there is a discussion about the JOBS...and as soon as a new guy pop into our hostel rest of the roommates keep bugging the new joinee for any openings in his company...

From the day I shifted here my friends/new hostel mates expect me to find a job for them....I have a bunch of resumes ready with me and I desperately want to fit them anywhere....according to them nilesh is in a nice job so he can find something for them...but I am in this professional world for just 6 months now...

For the recruitment in my company these days I receive a lots of resumes from the ppl I know and its hard for me to decide for whom I should go.....

Just for a moment say we got 6000 Rs at hand to spend for whatever we can...what is the first thing have in our mind??? ok lets plan a party!!! or buy some clothing or nice shoes or go for a movie....

But think if you have those 6000 for all of the next month ahead....and in that 4000 is the monthly rent you have to pay ...so remaining 2000, so what to do in that?? in this case can you imagine going for a movie even if it costs you 30 Rs a show?...no way!!!

Its such a tiny amount...but its the monthly salary of some ppl, some fine graduates with technical and professional degrees...I sometimes see my salary very tiny...
but actually its multiples of that tiny amount!!

Now it seems a huge sum?

I am just so helpless I have just words for them and my learning's which sounds as wisdom for them...but they have something more precious for me....they taught me the value of money which I haven't realized even after watching the ice-cream wala struggling,,,,or some beggar at the traffic light, or a rickshaw wala!!

Folks....dont consider this an application for any job opening around you...But seriously if you come across any, please let me know, any time....there might be someone in need who needs to know of it...and I know lot of such people....

God give me strength to face the expectations of my loved ones and the ones who desperately need my(our) help.

2 comments: