Monday, November 9, 2009

Too much for Too long...

I am getting sick of cricket more then ever after that so called defeat of India (I see that as a great and interesting match)...On every corner of road, every third person on a bus stop,,,,,every group chatting in free-time in office has only and only one topic to chat about and to discuss.....cricket cricket and cricket....

I mean what's the point???someone is praising Sachin,,others are criticizing him.....I say even if Sachin made only 7 runs to complete his 17000 mega buck that would even have made headlines and the same extent of local discussions should have kicked off. Its too much for a game.

I heard on radio, some one saying that the lower order was not playing for the team.... my counter point is that how can a person play a team game, in a sport which "I" do not consider a team sport. In cricket everyone plays for his own and in the end all of it collectively contributes to the efforts of 11 people(the team).

One person is bowling and two batting....what the hell others are doing?? standing and waiting for them to play.....


I also loved cricket and played it a lot lot lot when till I was 17.... I used to go for cricket practice every morning and my brother for football practice.....my father used to say "I would be proud if one of my son makes to indian cricket team and other to Indian football team".

I am not a cricketer now, but my father is proud of me.....but how that cricket thing got off me. Well, I just by chance start playing hockey in my college......then i realized where is all the news from other sports, they are not on the newspaper's sport page,,,not on news channels....they are all compassionate of covering only cricket and showing a little mercy to other sports now and then....

Jagmohan Dalmiya did made cricket a prestigious game and now for people cricket is a religion....there are too much of religious issues, that india couldn't possibly bear one more religion with 80% majority (extremists) falling into it....

I too love watching cricket but....this too much of cricket???No, not at all......I don't remember last 2 consecutive weeks when indian cricket team has not played a match.....may be I am wrong but yes even if there is a break...there would certainly no resting for media.

After every match they judge weather the move was right??or worrying and trying to find out the reason or more importantly finding a player to blame for losing a match or for wining....."weather Nehra could have done,That we would have won"....or "Sachin should have not played That shot"...bull shit!!!

In hockey matches I know the thing we do at that particular instance, is done with the sole motive of winning and not losing....that particular thing done at that particular moment seems the most right thing to do and so we do...and every player does....some times we regret that but....its at that moment a player decides what to do....not after the act is done.....

On one television show they were showing how the team practices and how they dropped the catches,,,how they were laughing and not practicing.....what a shit to cover....
I am literally becoming too sick of this great game, with which once I was in love!!

5 comments:

  1. well i fall out of love after match fixing scandal,,, may be u should have done the same,,,
    just ignore all those who doesnt have anything else in there life except idolizing a mere mortal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i share the same feelings buddy..

    ReplyDelete
  3. seems like i am not the only one to think this way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah...too much of anything sucks!
    Big Time.
    But I can stop following cricket, atleast when it involves encounter between two nations. IPL/DPL...etc etc suck...they are just means to making money by exploiting peopl's sentiments, that too, created by Media.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes u r right Nilesh!!!
    Hockey team just few days back (after the Movie Chak de)
    but there were no posts such as DSP(HARBHAJAN SINGH in Punjab,and I don't remeber the name of Guy from Haryana who bowled the last over)
    they were rewarded only few lakhs.....
    Also,the hotel in which they stayed after winning was of very poor quality...
    As far as I know,to play the other games is more difficult than cricket...
    Just a little mistake can cause many injuries etc....
    Last but not least
    if u ask someone to meet u he would say "yaar,time nahi h"
    but he would be knowing about cricket everything.....

    ReplyDelete